Preserving land to protect water with you!
Join Our Team!
Join our growing team of smart, talented, and motivated people making a difference by protecting our lands and waters. Northern Waters Land Trust offers an organization culture focused on professionalism and excellence, a team of great people, and a commitment to conservation and community.
We are actively seeking team members for the following positions:
Title: Organization Administrator
Status: Part-time (20hrs/week)
Reports to: Executive Director
Location: Walker, MN
Northern Waters Land Trust (NWLT) is seeking a versatile Organization Administrator to join our team. The Organization Administrator will be integral in ensuring the seamless operation of NWLT’s organizational functions.
- Manage NWLT’s direct communications, including answering phone calls, checking mail, responding to emails, and directing inquiries to appropriate team members.
- Schedule and coordinate meetings and assemble appropriate meeting materials for staff, board, and committees.
- Support NWLT team in coordinating workshops and event logistics
- Record and categorize expenses, managing invoices, and assisting the finance team in basic financial tasks.
- Help maintain organized filing systems for both digital and physical documents.
- Oversee general office operations including coordinating with vendors and maintaining office supplies/equipment.
- Maintain various organizational registrations and renewals.
- Assist NWLT project teams with administrative tasks related to conservation projects.
*Time will be divided between conservation project support and organizational administration.
- Associate/bachelor’s degree or experience in a relevant field such as business administration, office management, etc.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team-oriented environment.
- Preferred experience in managing budgets and contracts.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively with diverse stakeholders.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational and multitasking skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Highly motivated with a proactive approach to problem-solving.
$20/hour, Part-time 20 hours/week
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter to Annie Knight at AnnieK@nwlt-mn.org. Position will remain open until filled.
NWLT embraces and encourages our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique. NLWT is an equal opportunity employer.
Northern Waters Land Trust
Northern Waters Land Trust (NWLT) is a 501(c)3 non-profit accredited land trust committed to preserving land to protect water in northern Minnesota, a region that supports some of the best fish and wildlife habitats in the state.
NWLT’s watershed approach to conservation focuses on the ‘big picture’ of preserving land around lakes and rivers to protect water quality and wildlife habitat. Protecting the lakes, rivers and forests in northern Minnesota supports the local economy and culture, which is dependent on healthy natural resources for outdoor recreation and tourism.
Conservation in this area also helps ensure healthy drinking water for communities outside the region that depend on the Mississippi River for their drinking water. Our area is projected to have a 10-20% population growth in the next 25 years, so thoughtful development and protection of sensitive land and shorelines is critical.