LLAWF EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR JOB ANNOUNCEMENT
Title: Executive Director of the Leech Lake Area Watershed Foundation
Classification: Full-time or Part-Time – Exempt
Minimum: BA/BS. Project Management, Supervisory experience.
Preferred: MS in Natural Resources Management or equivalent degree, Executive Director experience or extensive management experience
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Reports to: The Board of Directors
Close Date: This posting will remain open until the ideal candidates is identified. The 1st group of applications will be reviewed on August 15, 2018, and on a weekly basis thereafter. Applicants are encouraged to submit their application as soon as possible.
Job Summary: We are a successful conservation and land protection non-profit serving the four counties of Cass, Crow Wing, Aitkin, and Hubbard County in Northern Minnesota. We are looking for an Executive Director who will work with the Board of Directors to expand our organizational capacity as we work to become an Accredited Land Trust through the Land Trust Alliance. The successful candidate will be responsible for project management and oversight of the conservation projects and grants, leading the fundraising and development efforts and ensuring that we efficiently and effectively carry out our Mission and goals. The Executive Director of this organization works to create strong relationships with local, regional and state agencies as well as conservation partners in lake associations and community leaders. The ideal candidate will have a passion for conservation, be an excellent manager of people and projects, work with integrity, inspire trust and be an articulate messenger for our Mission. Our search for the next Executive Director is flexible to ensure we hire the best possible person, therefore, the position may be full or part-time. There are no residency requirements. We are focused on experience and enthusiasm for this important position.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
OUTREACH: Percentage of time: 50%
- Key communicator representing our mission, brand, and goals
- Identifies and leads collaboration with key conservation partner agencies and organizations
- Leads the fundraising efforts for operational funds by developing an annual fundraising plan, soliciting donors, creating strong communication plans and tools, and researching grant opportunities
- Oversees/completes grant application processes and requirements, executes grant-funded programs, submits require reports and invoices.
- Expands our outreach and exposure to lake associations, county government, membership and public at large,
- Supports the Board of Directors in executing the Strategic Plan
CONSERVATION: Percentage of time: 25%
- Works with the Conservation Committee and consultants to identify and secure land acquisitions
- Leads the effort for the Application for Accreditation to become an accredited Land Trust and ensures all LTA Standards and Practices are followed
MANAGEMENT: Percentage of time: 25%
- Ensures that systems are in place for effective financial management, fundraising management, and conservation management
- Oversees all accounting, personnel and banking processes and ensures all IRS, state and federal financial reports and audits are complete and submitted on time
- Ensures the Board and staff compliance with all internal policies and procedures, legal requirements, and financial standards
- Manages all staff and consultant contracts
Click here to see the job summary.
How to apply: Please send a letter of application and interest and full resume to the Leech Lake Area Watershed Foundation, Box 124, Walker, MN 56484. The Search Committee will begin reviewing applications August 15 and applicants are urged to apply soon. Applications will be review weekly after that first review.